Finally! A gift guide for those friends of yours who always seem to be in a galaxy far, far away. We have searched high and low to find the best Star Wars merchandise for our current exhibition: We Could Be Heroes: The Mythology of Monsters and Heroes in Contemporary Art, which will be up December 7, 2012 through April 6, 2013.
1. Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars, $16.95 – Paperback Activity Book, 91 pages, 8.5 x 7″ + includes a black marker, double-tipped metallic — colored pencils, a mechanical pencil, and an eraser. This book is packed with tips and techniques, practice space to draw right in the book, and translucent overlays to teach young artists to draw 20 different Clone Wars characters.
2. Lego Stormtrooper Alarm Clock, $37.00 – 5.5″w, 4″d, 8″h, batteries included. It is time to unleash the power of the force at home. This alarm clock has movable arms and legs. Waking up on the dark side of the bed? Push down his head to snooze.
3. Darth Vader and Son, $14.95 – Hardcover, 64 pages. Darth Vader is a dad like any other—except with all the baggage of being the Dark Lord of the Sith. Celebrated artist Jeffrey Brown’s delightful illustrations give classic Star Wars® moments a fresh twist, presenting the trials and joys of parenting through the lens of a galaxy far, far away.
4. Star Wars 123, $12.99 – Board book, 26 pages. A numerical exploration of a galaxy far, far away, Star Wars: 123 uses Star Wars’ most popular heroes, villains, vehicles, droids, and aliens to teach fundamental counting skills.
5. Star Wars Origami, $16.95 – Paperback, 272 pages. The power of the force meets the joy of origami. Here is everything you need to create a galaxy of Star Wars characters, ships, droids, and weapons.
6. Star Wars Fandex, $13.95 – 75 individually die-cut cards, full-color art throughout. Bringing the world of Star Wars to your fingertips. The characters, creatures, droids, ships, and planets– it’s all here, brought to life in full-color die-cut images and riveting text.
7. The Star Wars Cookbook, $18.99 – Hardcover, 132 pages. From C-3P0 Pancakes to Jedi Juice Pops, this intergalactic cookbook features healthy snacks, delicious dishes, sweet treats, and easy-to-use recipes that will entice even the pickiest eaters.
8. Star Wars: A Scanimation Book, $14.95 – Unforgettable scenes, beloved characters, and climactic duels from all six movies– brought to live through the magic of scanimation.